Atwal: Remove black films, curtains from buses
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Following the Delhi gangrape, ADCP (Traffic) S S Atwal has ordered the owners of government and private buses to remove black films and curtains from windows of their vehicles.
In other instructions, Atwal asked the bus owners to install reflectors in front and back of their vehicles so as to avoid accidents in foggy weather. He told them that buses must stop only at the designated stops and not in the middle of the roads as was being done by most of them which led to accidents and traffic congestion.
Besides, the authorities said they would keep a check on car owners who fix blue and red light atop their vehicles without any permission.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today