AUDA to allot over 7,500 houses through draw of lots
- BJP unhappy over Gadkari-Raj meeting, says it's a closed chapter
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
The Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA) will conduct a draw on Thursday to allot 7,533 houses to the beneficiaries in over half a dozen locations under the economically weaker section (EWS) scheme. The scheme is supported by the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) and the state government.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the function to be held near Kathwada.
The houses will be drawn through computer based on the list of beneficiaries who had registered themselves by paying Rs 1,000 in 2000 and later paid Rs 50,000 as well to qualify to take part in the draw.
AUDA chairman Dharmendra Shah told reporters that against the cost of Rs 3.5 lakh to Rs 4 lakh, these 1-room and two-room houses would be given to the beneficiaries for Rs 1.05 lakh and
Rs 1.30 lakh respectively. These have area of 27 sq metres and
33 sq metres, he said.
The total cost of the project is around Rs 230 crore, of which Rs 130 crore has been sourced from central grants, he added.
He said the houses would be allotted only on receiving the full payment and in all cases, Rs 50,000 has already been received. The housing units for distribution are located in Vastral, Nikol, Chandkheda, Chandlodia, Thaltaj and Bodakdev among others, Shah said.
Besides this scheme, Modi will also launch a project for underground drainage system costing Rs 17.18 crore and a water body in Singarva village costing Rs 4 crore. The drainage system has a total component of Rs 17.18 crore from the Chief Minister Urban Development Fund, he said.
- Bulls run on Dalal Street as Putin tones down on Ukraine
- Punjab cagers dump title holders, meet TN in finals
- Laser hair removal goes wrong, man’s arm gets burnt
- A peek into the FB posts of V-P who stabbed wife to death
- CBI set to reopen bribery case against Sudhir Choudhrie
- Court pulls up govt, police for ‘lax’ attitude in marital sodomy case