Audience has evolved to connect with comedy: Mithun Chakraborty
- Start Up India: Budget 2016 will see friendly tax regime, says Jaitley
- Burkina Faso Attack: At least 20 dead in siege at hotel, al Qaeda claims responsibility
- Jaitley never spoke to me about GST bill, invited me for daughter's wedding: Rahul Gandhi
- Beef search on train: I thought we were alive, why file a complaint and invite harassment, says victim
- India, Pakistan Foreign Secy talks likely in January
Veteran actor Mithun Chakraborty, who is all set to star in his first comedy film 'White Mischief' in Bengali, says the audience here has evolved more to connect with such movies unlike in the past.
"The audience is changing. They are now more attuned to accept movies like 'White Mischief' with subtle dollops of comedy. But they can see it in the familiar Mithun Chakraborty style, with my dialogues and delivery. Let's see how things shape up once the scripting process gets over," Mithun told PTI at the announcement of the movie by director Ujjwal Chatterjee.
"It is high time that you strike the iron while it is hot. So it is the most opportune moment to try different types of Bengali films as the audience is ready now," Mithun said, adding that the name suggests 'White Mischief' will not be a typical masala entertainer but connect class and mass.
"None of my films can alienate mass, including 'Nobelchor'. I know my films have to do well in both multiplexes but more in single screen theatres," the MLA 'Fatakesto' actor said.
About Ujjwal, Mithun said "I had seen his 'Escape from Taliban' based on the life of Sushmita Bhattacharya in Afghanistan and liked the way he projected the issue."
"So after discussion with him on the script and story for many days, I said let's start it now," he said.