Audience will not miss Emraan Hashmi in 'Murder 3': Vishesh Bhatt
- Three students, allegedly planning to join ISIS, detained at Nagpur airport
- 'Biggest surprise of all': US media praises PM Modi's stop-over in Pakistan
- Key idea of PM's stopover: Demystify India-Pak visits, delink from outcome
- AAP government suspends three transport officials for alleged corruption
- Sadhana: The actor with the timeless elegance, the fringe and that outfit
Filmmaker Mukesh Bhatt's son Vishesh, who is making his directorial debut with 'Murder 3', says the audience will not miss actor Emraan Hashmi this time, as Randeep Hooda fits the bill perfectly for the third installment of the franchise.
The franchise began in 2004 with 'Murder' directed by Anurag Basu starring Hashmi and Mallika Sherawat in the lead.
Then in 2011 came 'Murder 2' again with Hashmi but with Mohit Suri as the director and Jacqueline Fernandez playing the love interest.
Now in 'Murder 3' Randeep Hooda has replaced Hashmi, and Aditi Rao Hydari will be playing the leading lady alongside Pakistani actress Mona Lizza.
However, Vishesh feels that Hooda has not replaced Emraan per say.
"We have not replaced anyone. We felt for 'Murder 3' Randeep was the best choice. If you all miss Emraan Hasmi in the film then do let me know. But according to me you all will not miss Emraan in the film as Randeep is perfect for this film," Vishesh told reporters last night, unveiling the first look of 'Murder 3'.
"When we were making films with Emraan, people started questioning why we have him in almost every film. And now that we don't have him people ask why he is not there in the film," he said.
"It is all about who suits the role. Like in case of 'Jannat', when I was writing the film it was meant for Emraan and so he did it," the director said.