Audrey Hepburn's beehive named most memorable hairdo
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Supreme Court denies bail for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi HC upholds death sentence of four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
Actress Audrey Hepburn's beehive, which she flaunted in classic romantic film 'Breakfast at Tiffany's', has been named the most iconic hairstyles by a hairdressing company.
In a list put together to mark hairdresser Toni & Guy's 50th anniversary, Hepburn' s beehive, Elvis Presley's much talked about quiff and Jennifer Aniston's 'Friends' hair cut emerged as the most iconic hairdo in the history, reported Daily Express.
"Audrey Hepburn's beehive in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' is a style almost everyone is familiar with, even if they have never seen the film," Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, Global Creative Director for Toni & Guy, said.
"The image of her with her dark hair piled up while she is clutching a cigarette holder is one of the most recognisable film images of all time. The fact the style is still topping these lists half a century since the film was released shows how iconic it really is," she added.
While Hepburn hairstyle landed on top spot in the list comprising of 50 memorable hairdo, Presley's jet black quiff came second.
It was followed by Bob Marley's dreadlocks and the cut made famous by Aniston during her stint as Rachel Green in hit TV show 'Friends'.