Aurangabad arms haul: Confession pins Baig
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
Deposing in the 2010 German Bakery blast case, ACP Vinod Satav on Monday told the court how the needle of suspicion pointed at Mirza Himayat Baig for the first time from a confessional statement of one of the accused in the Aurangabad arms haul case of 2006. He told the court that only after Baig's arrest in September 2010 was his involvement in the blast case confirmed.
Satav, who is now with the Pune police crime branch, was posted at the Pune ATS when he was handed over the investigation into the February 13, 2010 German Bakery blast.
In his deposition, Satav told the court that ATS teams started looking at earlier terror cases to find clues to the Bakery blast. He said Baig's name had cropped up in a confessional statement of Samad Khan arrested in the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.