Aurobindo Pharma gets USFDA nod for nausea injections
- Elections 2014 LIVE: 60 pc voting in Bengal till 1 pm; Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
Drug firm Aurobindo Pharma today said it has received final approval from the US health regulator to manufacture and market Ondansetron injections and is ready to launch the products in the US market.
The company has received final approvals from the US Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) to manufacture and market Ondansetron injection USP 2rng/mL packaged in 40mg/20mL multiple-dose vials and Ondansetron injection USP 2mg/mL packaged in 4mg/2mL single-dose vials, Aurobindo Pharma said in a statement.
"The products are ready for launch," it added.
The injections are the generic equivalent of GlaxoSmithKline's Zofran injection, Aurobindo Pharma said.
"The injections are indicated for prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with initial and repeat courses of emetogenic cancer chemotherapy or postoperative nausea and/or vomiting," it added.
These are the first abbreviated new drug applications (ANDAs) to be approved out of the company's Unit IV formulation facility in Hyderabad and will be marketed and sold by Aurobindo's wholly owned subsidiary AuroMedics Pharma LLC, Aurobindo Pharma said.
The company now has a total of 169 ANDA approvals (143 final approvals including 2 from Aurolife Pharma LLC and 26 tentative approvals), it added.
Shares of Aurobindo Pharma were today trading at Rs 194.55 per scrip on BSE, up 1.12 per cent from its previous close.
Stocks More on Aurobindo Pharma
Company INFO More on Aurobindo Pharma
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18