Australia lines up pace ‘six pack’ for India, Ashes tours
- Pakistan: Twin blasts near Charsadda court, four dead, several feared injured
- Panama Papers: ED widens probe, issues advisories to 137 Indians
- FIR names A P Singh: CBI to probe its second director for corruption
- Same-sex attraction is OK, boys can cry, girl’s no means no
- Interview with Devendra Fadnavis: ‘Transparency to remain non-negotiable in Sena-BJP alliance after polls’
Australia is set to take six fast bowlers to England for the Ashes tour.
Sydney man-of-the-match Jackson Bird is likely to be one of six pace bowlers to get a place in the Australian squad, due to his accuracy and movement.
According to a media report, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Bird and a recovered James Pattinson are set to be in the bowling team for next month's India tour.
The same five will also be at the core of the Ashes squad.
Australia coach Mickey Arthur said 26-year-old Bird, who took seven wickets against Sri Lanka at the SCG, would be able to handle the conditions in the subcontinent.
- Pakistan is the site of conflict between two understandings of Islam. Let the music not fade
- Maharashtra civic polls underline the disconnect between urban governance and citizen
- India should resist the temptation of ideological correctness in engaging with Trump
- Digital education isn’t democratic, it creates deep inequalities between universities
- It is in India’s strategic interest to engage Afghan insurgents
- Trump’s America is a latecomer. It has much to learn from Vishwaguru India