Australia lines up pace ‘six pack’ for India, Ashes tours
- Elections 2014 LIVE: In Rae Bareli, Priyanka Gandhi says her husband Robert Vadra is being maligned
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
Australia is set to take six fast bowlers to England for the Ashes tour.
Sydney man-of-the-match Jackson Bird is likely to be one of six pace bowlers to get a place in the Australian squad, due to his accuracy and movement.
According to a media report, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Johnson, Bird and a recovered James Pattinson are set to be in the bowling team for next month's India tour.
The same five will also be at the core of the Ashes squad.
Australia coach Mickey Arthur said 26-year-old Bird, who took seven wickets against Sri Lanka at the SCG, would be able to handle the conditions in the subcontinent.
Others in the team could include Josh Hazlewood and Ben Hilfenhaus, although Hilfenhaus may have been overtaken by Bird, but one bowler nearly certain of going for both the tours is spinner Nathan Lyon.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready