Auto’12 begins today, 44 engg colleges to take part
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The 12th edition of Auto'12 expo will begin at the Golibar Maidan Grounds on Wednesday. The theme for this year's five-day expo is "Automotive Industry —towards 2020" with a special focus on "Safe and Green Vehicles".
The expo will be inaugurated by Lt Gen N B Singh, director general of EME, New Delhi, in the presence of S K Jain, president, Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture, and R N Joshi, chairman and MD, PMPML, Pune.
"There is an independent pavilion dedicated for students. As many as 44 engineering colleges will participate this year. The expo will see display of 'Baja' and 'Supra' vehicles with technological innovations by engineering colleges in and around Pune and PCMC areas. Besides vehicles, engineering students will also display projects related to transportation cogent in line with the theme of the event," said Rajendra Moholkar, coordinator of the event.
The other exhibits at the expo will be passenger cars, two-wheelers, auto components and spares, oil and lubricants, garage/service station equipment, tools, tyres and tubes, auto accessories, car security systems, auto finance and services, research and development and publications. There will be special focus on concept vehicles, designed/modified vehicles, vintage and classic vehicles, and electric and hybrid vehicles. A defence pavilion put up by the 512 Army Base Workshop will display some prominent vehicles while R & D Establishment Engineers, DRDO, will display Brahmos Mobile Autonomous Launcher.
Moholkar said seminars, conferences and audio-visual presentations will be held at the expo simultaneously in order to disseminate information on technological trends in the automotive industry.
Technological developments in automotive industry, automotive electronics, environmental concern, transport management, safety aspects, developments in tyre and retreading industry etc will be the focus of the seminars. "Poster display on pressing issues of traffic such as signaling, parking, air and noise pollution, traffic control and management, pedestrian safety has also been put together. In addition, a first-of-its kind 'Traffic Parliament' related to Pune traffic problems and solutions will be held on December 22.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express