Auto driver saves two women from being abducted, two arrested
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
An auto driver rescued two women from the Northeast who had been abducted by three men in their car.
Two of the men were then pulled out of the car and beaten up by a crowd. The victims, along with the accused, were then taken to the police station.
The two accused have been identified as Irfan and Mohammad Salil, both residents of Masjid Moth and car dealers.
Speaking to Newsline, auto driver Amandeep said, "I was on my way to Safdarjung Hospital with my family when I saw that two women were being beaten in an Innova. One woman had been forced to sit on the gear box and was being constantly beaten by the driver," he said.
He said he then saw another woman sitting in the rear with a six month old child. "At first, we thought that it was a personal fight, but then we heard the woman shout for help. The man had bitten her cheek. That is when we decided to chase and stop them," he said.
The auto driver then chased the Innova for a few kilometres before he intercepted the car. The locals, who had gathered by then, caught hold of the men. A case of abduction and molestation has been registered against the two.