Auto driver saves two women from being abducted, two arrested
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police on Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Bismillah Khan's family says no to propose Narendra Modi's candidature in Varanasi
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
An auto driver rescued two women from the Northeast who had been abducted by three men in their car.
Two of the men were then pulled out of the car and beaten up by a crowd. The victims, along with the accused, were then taken to the police station.
The two accused have been identified as Irfan and Mohammad Salil, both residents of Masjid Moth and car dealers.
Speaking to Newsline, auto driver Amandeep said, "I was on my way to Safdarjung Hospital with my family when I saw that two women were being beaten in an Innova. One woman had been forced to sit on the gear box and was being constantly beaten by the driver," he said.
He said he then saw another woman sitting in the rear with a six month old child. "At first, we thought that it was a personal fight, but then we heard the woman shout for help. The man had bitten her cheek. That is when we decided to chase and stop them," he said.
The auto driver then chased the Innova for a few kilometres before he intercepted the car. The locals, who had gathered by then, caught hold of the men. A case of abduction and molestation has been registered against the two.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota