Auto driver who raped 4-year-old tried to lure another minor: Police
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Rajesh Wamne, an autorickshaw driver accused of raping a fou-year-old girl in Dombivali, also allegedly tried to lure another minor by offering her chocolates, police said on Wednesday. However, her parents grew suspicious and stopped sending the girl to school in his autorickshaw.
Wamne (42) was arrested by the Vishnu Nagar police on Tuesday. The four-year-old's parents had alleged that he raped her on November 27. Medical examination substantiated the parents' claims.
"Wamne used to ferry schoolchildren. Apart from the victim, there was another girl in his charge. A couple of days before he raped the victim, the second girl told her parents that Wamne had been giving her chocolates and promised her more. Suspicious of his intentions, her parents stopped using Wamne's services," said senior inspector R L Kulkarni.
Wamne was produced in court on Wednesday and remanded in police custody till December 19. Due to the heinous nature of his crime, the Kalyan Criminal Bar Association decided that none of its members would represent him.
"The crime is one that has a deep negative impact on the society, and as part of the same society, we decided on moral grounds not to represent Wamne. Consequently, none of us was in court when Wamne was produced. We will take a similar stand for all such crimes in future as well," said advocate Siddharth Khurangale, president of the Kalyan Criminal Bar Association.
Wamne told the police that after dropping the other students, he took the victim to his residence in Old Dombivali, offering her chocolates. He knew his wife and children would be out at the time, and raped her, said an officer. He later dropped her home, he added.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™