Autocross, Motocross from Dec 14
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
The 4th edition of the OYA Autocross and Motocross will be held at the Yadavindra Public School (YPS) grounds in Mohali from December 14 to 16. Around 85 competitors are expected to take part in the event. The scrutiny of the two-wheelers and four-wheelers participating in the event will be held on December 14. The event will have about 145 qualifying rounds in 13 categories, and these will be held on December 15. On the last day, the top six qualifiers in each category will vie for the top honours.
Meanwhile, the highlight of the three-day motorsport event will be the Offroad Challenge. Though this is among the most exciting categories of the event, it is open only for four-wheel drives. This specially designed track pulls the best offroaders in the country. The track features difficult inclines, slushes, pits and other offroading thrills.
Gulpreet S Aulakh, president of OYA, informed that in the last three years, entries for the Challenge have grown manifold and now the organizers put a cap on the maximum number of entries that can be taken. Over the last four years, this event has been a huge crowd puller, with a record 30,000 spectators last year.
An ATV POLARIS, for the first time, will be participating in any Autocross ever in North India in this Autocross. The quad category would be headed by Raj Singh Rathore.