Auto-rickshaw driver's daughter Prema Jayakumar tops CA exam
- Cong makes public Raje's signed document backing Lalit Modi, asks govt to sack her
- Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal announces run for US presidential elections 2016
- Maharashtra minister Pankaja Munde accused of Rs 206 crore 'scam'
- Smriti Irani in dock over fake degree; Congress, AAP demand her sacking
- All above the age of 75 in BJP declared brain dead by Modi: Yashwant Sinha
The family, originally from Tamil Nadu, is settled in Mumbai and Jayakumar has been driving autorickshaw for close to two decades to support his family of four.
The crammed quarters with photos of Hindu gods, utensils and clothes hanging from aluminium pegs betray its occupants' modest means.
Yesterday was the happiest day for the family as both Prema and her younger brother Dhanraj, 22, cleared the ICAI test. Prema secured an impressive 607 marks out of 800 in the challenging examination. The siblings had registered themselves together with ICAI.
She had shown her academic potential earlier too when she scored 90 per cent marks in her Third Year B Com examination, finishing second at Mumbai University.
Dhanraj, who worked for some time at a call centre while completing his degree course to fund his education, said, "My sister is my hero, the source of my inspiration.
"Bahut khush hoon, aur kya kahoon (I am very happy, what more can I say)," said a beaming Lingammal looking proudly at her children, content in the belief they would now live their dreams.