Autorickshaw drivers need to wear uniforms, says DSP (traffic)
- Jigisha Ghosh murder case: Two convicts get death sentence, life imprisonment for one
- Ban pellet guns in Kashmir, Omar Abdullah-led delegation asks PM Modi
- PM Modi, Afghan President Ghani jointly inaugurate renovated Stor Palace
- AAP doesn't have money to fight election: Kejriwal
- Kicking off UP poll campaign, Mayawati slams BJP-RSS, SP, is soft on Congress
Autorickshaw drivers need to have a decent look. They need to be recognised through their uniforms which should be of the same colour and design.
DSP (traffic) J Elanchezhian said this at a meeting of autorickshaw drivers on Thursday morning.
He said, "The drivers have sought some more time for uniforms, but I want to get this implemented. They should stop wearing ornaments, kurta pajamas, jeans and should be seen in uniforms. They need to buy this uniform on their own. We will be finalising the uniform colour in our next meeting."
Apart from this, the DSP also spoke at length about the need for reflectors on autorickshaws. He said the foggy season had started, so reflectors were a must for the autorickshaws.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon