Autorickshaw drivers need to wear uniforms, says DSP (traffic)
- As Ambedkar Association grew, so did its assertiveness
- Dalit suicide: ABVP leader claimed pain after ‘assault,’ operated for appendicitis
- 4th ODI, Live Score: Australia post 348/8 against India in Canberra
- Indian markets in a bear hug: Sensex, rupee back at level before Modi took charge
- India successfully puts its fifth navigation satellite into orbit
Autorickshaw drivers need to have a decent look. They need to be recognised through their uniforms which should be of the same colour and design.
DSP (traffic) J Elanchezhian said this at a meeting of autorickshaw drivers on Thursday morning.
He said, "The drivers have sought some more time for uniforms, but I want to get this implemented. They should stop wearing ornaments, kurta pajamas, jeans and should be seen in uniforms. They need to buy this uniform on their own. We will be finalising the uniform colour in our next meeting."
Apart from this, the DSP also spoke at length about the need for reflectors on autorickshaws. He said the foggy season had started, so reflectors were a must for the autorickshaws.
- It is not incidental that Rohith Chakravarthi Vemula and his dissent were crushed
- Aroon Tikekar carried the rationalist legacy of 19th century Maharashtra
- Sushma Swaraj’s Israel visit: Owning a friendship
- Cuddalore rape victim story shows how little has changed
- Risk taking, experimentation and teamwork must also infect government machinery
- New mobile towers, better roads are making a difference in Bastar