Autorickshaw drivers need to wear uniforms, says DSP (traffic)
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
Autorickshaw drivers need to have a decent look. They need to be recognised through their uniforms which should be of the same colour and design.
DSP (traffic) J Elanchezhian said this at a meeting of autorickshaw drivers on Thursday morning.
He said, "The drivers have sought some more time for uniforms, but I want to get this implemented. They should stop wearing ornaments, kurta pajamas, jeans and should be seen in uniforms. They need to buy this uniform on their own. We will be finalising the uniform colour in our next meeting."
Apart from this, the DSP also spoke at length about the need for reflectors on autorickshaws. He said the foggy season had started, so reflectors were a must for the autorickshaws.