Avril Lavigne planning rock 'n' roll wedding
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
Singer-actress Avril Lavigne is putting a rock 'n' roll spin on her upcoming nuptials with Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
Kroger, who had a traditional ceremony in mind, said Lavigne has taken control of the wedding plans and wants an unforgettable celebration for her second trip down the aisle, reported Daily Star.
"We (grooms) get such an incredibly small chunk in terms of what we can actually participate in... I get control over nothing. I just show up. But I'm glad, because she has...traversed these territories before. These are unchartered (sic) waters for me. So it's nice to have her to guide me through this.
"She's got great ideas. I would have gone a little too traditional, I think, and she's giving it a real rock 'n' roll edge. The groomsmen won't be wearing piano neckties (but) let's just say she's taking the bull by the horns and steering the ship towards what is going to be the most unique wedding that the planet has probably ever seen," he said.
Kroeger, who announced his engagement to Lavigne in August this year, insists he never envisioned himself settling down.
"There was a time in my life that I thought I would never get married. But this definitely took me by storm. Honestly, it was more my idea than hers to get married. I'm just lucky she said yes," he added.