Avril Lavigne planning rock 'n' roll wedding
- Elections 2014 LIVE: It's Modi vs Kejriwal in Varanasi; Manish Tewari not to contest from Ludhiana
- Sealed envelope contains 'serious allegations', Srinivasan must step down for fair probe, says SC
- After eggs, ink thrown at Arvind Kejriwal in Varansi
- Rajnath Singh counters Sushma Swaraj, says decision on Jaswant Singh taken by CEC
- IM Indian commander Tehseen Akhtar arrested, India calls it a 'huge success against terror'
Singer-actress Avril Lavigne is putting a rock 'n' roll spin on her upcoming nuptials with Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger.
Kroger, who had a traditional ceremony in mind, said Lavigne has taken control of the wedding plans and wants an unforgettable celebration for her second trip down the aisle, reported Daily Star.
"We (grooms) get such an incredibly small chunk in terms of what we can actually participate in... I get control over nothing. I just show up. But I'm glad, because she has...traversed these territories before. These are unchartered (sic) waters for me. So it's nice to have her to guide me through this.
"She's got great ideas. I would have gone a little too traditional, I think, and she's giving it a real rock 'n' roll edge. The groomsmen won't be wearing piano neckties (but) let's just say she's taking the bull by the horns and steering the ship towards what is going to be the most unique wedding that the planet has probably ever seen," he said.
Kroeger, who announced his engagement to Lavigne in August this year, insists he never envisioned himself settling down.
"There was a time in my life that I thought I would never get married. But this definitely took me by storm. Honestly, it was more my idea than hers to get married. I'm just lucky she said yes," he added.
Lavigne, 28, was previously married to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whibley, and also dated reality TV star Brody Jenner before they split earlier this year.
- Indian Mujahideen operative’s trainer suspected to be same man named by Headley
- Cong won’t contest Mainpuri, Kannauj
- ‘It seems like a re-birth, I never expected to see my family again’
- Dev’s rape analogy draws widespread criticism
- Nigerian murdered by compatriot in Kondhwa society
- Pune’s TDR king lists assets worth mere Rs 4.5 crore, has no vehicle