Ayodhya: SC allows change of tarpaulin, ropes at makeshift temple
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The Supreme Court Monday allowed the authorities to replace tarpaulin and ropes at the make-shift Ram temple in Ayodhya but without disturbing the status quo of the 67 acre land adjacent to the disputed site.
It also directed the observers appointed by the Allahabad High Court for "maintenance of the transparency of excavation proceedings at the disputed site" to supervise the work and to "additionally"see that the status quo is maintained.
The SC told the HCregistrar general that the two observers would not be relieved from duty and shall continue to visit the site every fortnight and preparing reports.