Ayodhya verdict a 'golden chance' for every section: Bhagwat
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
The Allahabad High Court verdict on Ayodhya title suits has provided a "golden chance" to every section of the society, particularly Muslims, to make a new beginning in the spirit of affectionate co-existence, RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat said on Sunday.
Addressing the annual Dussehra rally at Reshim Bagh ground here, he said, "Ram Mandir is our pride and there are hundreds of Ram Mandirs in the county but Ayodhya is significant since it was the birth place of Lord Rama.
"It was a national monument. It was demolished by then rulers to create a new structure," Bhagwat said.
"The High Court verdict has provided a golden chance to bury our communal differences and march with hands together," he said.
Criticising 'secularists', Bhagwat said, "Till the pronouncement of verdict, we were often asked if we will abide by the HC decision. The verdict is not at all against any one but of course some people were not expecting it."
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment