Ayushmann Khurrana, Kunal Roy Kapur recreate famous 'suicide' scene from 'Sholay'
- Netaji files show family was under observation, intercepted communication hinted at sightings
- Indian fisherman allegedly killed in Pakistan firing off Gujarat coast
- Maharashtra government transfers Sheena Bora murder case to Central Bureau of Investigation
- Another drowned toddler washes up on Turkish beach: report
- Taliban attack on Pakistan base kills 29; 16 die in mosque
Actors Ayushmann Khurrana and Kunal Roy Kapur today turned into the new age 'Jai' and 'Veeru' respectively enacting one of the popular scenes from Ramesh Sippy's blockbuster 'Sholay'.
While promoting their upcoming film 'Nautanki Saala' here today, Ayushmann stood on a bill board platform on the busy link road in suburban Andheri while Kunal climbed on top of it to perform the scene inspired from 'Sholay', which originally had Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan.
Kunal, in the avatar of 'Veeru', mouthed the famous lines of Dharmendra - "Gaon walo main suicide karne jaa raha hun," while Ayushmann acted as 'Jai' (Bachchan), trying to convince Kunal not to jump.
Kunal came down with the help of a fire cable, thereby unveiling the poster of the film in an unusual way.
"This was done only for promotions. The idea of having the famous scene from 'Sholay' just came randomly and we thought of using it as this would help grab eyeballs," director Rohan Sippy told reporters here.
"However, this scene is not a part of the film," he said.
'Nautanki Saala' is a comedy film starring 'Vicky Donor' Ayushmann and Kunal of 'Delhi Belly' fame.
"I was scared to do the act. But I had a great time... it was fun," Kunal said.
"We had great fun doing the film. Kunal is a brilliant actor," Ayushmann said.