Ayushmann Khurrana signs three film deal with YRF
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Suraj Sharma nominated for BAFTA
Life of Pi star, Suraj Sharma who played the role of the younger Pi in Ang Lee's film, has been nominated for the prestigious BAFTA Rising Star award, held annually in Britain.This is the only category in which the public votes for the best upcoming talent. Suraj Sharma is the only male actor nominated alongside British actresses Juno Temple, Andrea Riseborough, Elizabeth Olsen and Alicia Vikander for the award which recognises new talent in the film industry.
The 17-year old actor had played the role of Pi, a young lad who survives a perilous journey on a life boat in the company of a Bengal tiger, Richard. The Fox Star production, Life of Pi, which released in India in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu is the biggest Hollywood grosser of 2012, earning Rs 90 crore.
Asha Bhosle's Mai to release on February 1
Producer-distributor Ponty Chadha's Wave Cinema will release Mai on February 1. Asha Bhosle makes her acting debut with the film which also stars Padmini Kolhapure and Ram Kapoor. It has been written and directed by Mahesh Kodiyal and produced by Subhash Dawar under the banner of Alliance Entertainment and Nitin R Shankar's Rhythm D'vine Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. Productions. It is presented by Chandra- kumar Jajodia and Vishveshvara Ventures.