Azam Khan hit me over bedding, alleges train coach attendant
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
An attendant on a train travelling through Uttar Pradesh has alleged that senior Samajwadi Party leader and state urban development minister Azam Khan beat and humiliated him for what Khan thought were "improper beddings" on board.
The incident allegedly happened on December 18 on the Amritsar-bound 13005 Howrah-Amritsar Mail. AC First Class coach attendant Nirmal Murmu complained to the Government Railway Police (GRP), Amritsar, the following morning that Khan had summoned him to his coupé and asked, "Don't you know how to arrange beddings?"
According to Murmu's complaint, Khan "slapped" Murmu, "locked the coupe", and forced him to do "50 sit-ups with his hands holding his ears".
Murmu said in his complaint that the bed had been made before the train reached Lucknow, where Khan got on. Amritsar GRP SHO Dharminder Kalyan said Murmu had alleged that the minister assaulted him when the train was about five kilometres away from Rampur, Khan's base, where he get off.
Hardeep Singh, DSP, GRP Jalandhar, said the complaint would be forwarded to the right GRP police station for action. Despite repeated attempts, Khan could not be reached for a comment. PTI quoted him as saying, " There is no need to take notice of such incidents."