Azam questions Delhi Police's claim on LeT operatives
- Indonesian military plane crash death toll rises to 74
- Eurogroup turned down Greek bailout extension, says Finnish FinMin Alexander Stubb
- Disappointment creeping in over Modi govt's reform pace: Moody's
- Dholpur Palace: Congress' fresh document says it's a govt property
- Greece will not pay IMF debt on Tuesday: Finance minister
Uttar Pradesh Minister for Urban Development Azam Khan Tuesday questioned Delhi Police's claim that Lashkar-e-Toiba operatives had contacted camp dwellers of Muzaffarnagar, saying this was done just to prove Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi's claims as true. "I had the apprehension that just to prove Rahul Gandhi true, such things will come up," he stated.
"Yeh toh hona hi tha (This was going to happen). It had been done to prove that Yuvraj (Rahul) is correct. Rahul Gandhi had prior information as per his claim," Azam Khan told reporters at Rampur on Tuesday. Delhi Police Tuesday said two suspected LeT operatives met two persons in Muzaffarnagar.
Azam also stated that since Rahul Gandhi was aware of the details, then he must be asked about his source and link for the information. When asked why the UP Police was caught off-guard about the suspected contact between LeT and Muzaffarnagar victims, Azam stated, "What can I say if the UP Police had no information and Delhi Police was aware."