Azamgarh: SP workers want Prateek Yadav to contest poll
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
About 50 SP workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the party office demanding that the party field Mulayam's younger son Prateek Yadav in the Lok Sabha polls from the district. Workers arrived in a luxury bus from Azamgarh and marched from the party office to Mulayam's residence. Prateek also lives in the same bungalow. They raised the slogan, "Azamgarh ki majboori hai, Prateek Yadav zaroori hai''. The workers said the district is backward and someone from the Yadav family like Prateek should contest so that the region gets adequate attention. The party which has already named Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav as its candidate did not react.