Azamgarh: SP workers want Prateek Yadav to contest poll
- Manish Sisodia announces key ministries of Delhi Cabinet
- Maken hits back at Sheila Dikshit, says result extension of 2013 mandate
- Voter lists in hand, Hindu Mahasabha looks for Christians, Muslims on Valentine’s Day
- Child, nurse, wife on vacation among 9 killed as train derails
- In Baramati, Narendra Modi says Sharad Pawar a 'helpful veteran leader'
About 50 SP workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the party office demanding that the party field Mulayam's younger son Prateek Yadav in the Lok Sabha polls from the district. Workers arrived in a luxury bus from Azamgarh and marched from the party office to Mulayam's residence. Prateek also lives in the same bungalow. They raised the slogan, "Azamgarh ki majboori hai, Prateek Yadav zaroori hai''. The workers said the district is backward and someone from the Yadav family like Prateek should contest so that the region gets adequate attention. The party which has already named Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav as its candidate did not react.