Azamgarh: SP workers want Prateek Yadav to contest poll
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
About 50 SP workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the party office demanding that the party field Mulayam's younger son Prateek Yadav in the Lok Sabha polls from the district. Workers arrived in a luxury bus from Azamgarh and marched from the party office to Mulayam's residence. Prateek also lives in the same bungalow. They raised the slogan, "Azamgarh ki majboori hai, Prateek Yadav zaroori hai''. The workers said the district is backward and someone from the Yadav family like Prateek should contest so that the region gets adequate attention. The party which has already named Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav as its candidate did not react.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer