Azamgarh: SP workers want Prateek Yadav to contest poll
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
About 50 SP workers on Thursday demonstrated outside the party office demanding that the party field Mulayam's younger son Prateek Yadav in the Lok Sabha polls from the district. Workers arrived in a luxury bus from Azamgarh and marched from the party office to Mulayam's residence. Prateek also lives in the same bungalow. They raised the slogan, "Azamgarh ki majboori hai, Prateek Yadav zaroori hai''. The workers said the district is backward and someone from the Yadav family like Prateek should contest so that the region gets adequate attention. The party which has already named Panchayati Raj Minister Balram Yadav as its candidate did not react.