Azamgarh: Sub-inspector held in murder of BSP leader Sarvesh Singh Seepu
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
A sub-inspector has been arrested in connection with the killing of BSP leader Sarvesh Singh Seepu in Jiyanpur area. Station House Officer of Jiyanpur Police Station Vijay Singh was arrested late last night, official sources said today. Singh has been named in two cases, including murder of Seepu Singh, his guard and the killing of two persons in police firing later, they said.
Meanwhile, the body of Sarvesh has reached Dohrighat in Mau district where his last rites would be performed. The former SP MLA and another person were shot dead by unidentified assailants in front of the former's house yesterday following which his supporters clashed with police resulting in the death of two persons and injuries to 18 others, including policemen.
As the mob clashed, police had to open fire and two persons identified as Jitendra Gupta (25) and Chandra Bhanu (48) died due to gunshot injuries. The mob also snatched rifles from policemen, indulged in brick-batting and tried to set a police station afire.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer