Azamgarh: Sub-inspector held in murder of BSP leader Sarvesh Singh Seepu
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
A sub-inspector has been arrested in connection with the killing of BSP leader Sarvesh Singh Seepu in Jiyanpur area. Station House Officer of Jiyanpur Police Station Vijay Singh was arrested late last night, official sources said today. Singh has been named in two cases, including murder of Seepu Singh, his guard and the killing of two persons in police firing later, they said.
Meanwhile, the body of Sarvesh has reached Dohrighat in Mau district where his last rites would be performed. The former SP MLA and another person were shot dead by unidentified assailants in front of the former's house yesterday following which his supporters clashed with police resulting in the death of two persons and injuries to 18 others, including policemen.
As the mob clashed, police had to open fire and two persons identified as Jitendra Gupta (25) and Chandra Bhanu (48) died due to gunshot injuries. The mob also snatched rifles from policemen, indulged in brick-batting and tried to set a police station afire.