B R Mittal elected head of PGI faculty body
- Winter session Day 1: Govt talks about misuse of word 'secularism', Sonia raises 'intolerance' debate
- Sheena murder: CBI seeks Interpol help, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till Nov 30
- PPCC chief Bajwa and Jakhar made to resign as rejig in Punjab Congress imminent
- Constitution Day: The many reasons why the BJP decided to celebrate it
- India-Pakistan series to be played from December 15 in Sri Lanka: Rajiv Shukla
The elections for the executive council of the faculty association of PGIMER, Chandigarh for the year 2012-2013 were held wherein about 90 per cent of the faculty members turned out for the voting. The new president of the association is Dr B R Mittal, head of the department of nuclear medicine.
The vice-president of the association is Dr J S Thakur of the School of Public Health and the department of community medicine.
Besides, Dr Sandeep Grover was elected as the General Secretary and Dr Manish Rathi was elected as the joint secretary of the association and Dr Narendra Kumar was elected as the treasurer of the association.
Other members who were elected for the executive committee include Dr Manish Modi, Dr Ritesh Agarwal, Dr Arun Bansal, Dr Vikas Gautam, Dr Nusrat Shafique and Dr Anand Mishra
- Who is a true patriot?
- Douglass North emphasised institutions when markets were the focus
- ‘Bovine Divine’ controversy lurched between the horrific and the comic
- PM Modi’s achievements abroad appear to cut little ice back home
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?