Ramdev's yogpeeth to go to court against HP govt order
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Protests against Kejriwal in Varanasi; Modi's rally stage collapses due to rain
Yoga guru Ramdev's Patanjali Yogpeeth will go to court against the Himachal Pradesh government order cancelling the land lease given to it by the previous BJP government in the state.
"We will take legal recourse to challenge the Himachal Pradesh government's order cancelling our land lease at Solan (in HP)," Ramdev's close aide Balkrishna told reporters in Haridwar yesterday.
Accusing the Congress government in Himachal Pradesh of cancelling the lease at the behest of the Centre, he claimed the yogpeeth's centre in Solan district had provided direct and indirect employment to thousands of unemployed youths of nearly 40 villages in the area.
About 28 acres of land near Sadhupul in Solan district was given to Patanjali Yogpeeth by the previous BJP government in Himachal Pradesh in 2010 for token lease of Rs 1 per year for a period of 99 years.
Balkrishna said there was nothing wrong in giving the land on a token lease to the Yogpeeth as it was to be used for people's welfare and not commercial purpose.
"The Patanjali Yogpeeth centre at Solan is to be inaugurated on February 27 and both me and Baba Ramdev will attend the occasion," he said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer