Baba Ramdev aide Balkrishna's birthday celebrated in Nepal
- India will set climate change conference agenda: Narendra Modi
- From Kerala family to ex-gangster, Islamic State pulls Maldives men
- Collegium system end: NJAC is in, judges lose say in hiring
- BJP-RSS set to demolish secular democratic foundations: CPI(M)
- Ahmedabad: Saffron uniform for Hindu kids, green for Muslim
A large number of followers of Yoga guru Ramdev's controversial aide Balkrishna in Nepal today celebrated his 40th birthday in the capital, a day after CBI grilled him in connection with a case of allegedly using fake educational degrees for procuring a passport.
Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal's wife Ravi Chitrakar was the chief guest at the function organised by Patanjali Yoga Peeth Nepal at Mandikhatar in the outskirt of Kathmandu.
However, the prime minister avoided the function, where he was invited as chief guest, citing the crucial four party meeting to discuss the current political situation in the country.
Speaking on the occasion former Labour Minister and leader of ruling CPN-UML Mukunda Neupane condemned the grilling of Balkrishna in India.
He said without Balkrishna's "Ayurvedic knowledge", Patanjali Yogapeeth would not have been achieve success. All the Nepalese people are with Balkrishna at this moment, he said.
Balkrishna has alleged to have evaded important queries posed by the CBI in Dehra Dun in connection with the case where he allegedly used fake educational degrees for procuring a passport.