Baba Ramdev aide Balkrishna's birthday celebrated in Nepal
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- For hate speech, EC orders UP not to let Amit Shah, Azam campaign
A large number of followers of Yoga guru Ramdev's controversial aide Balkrishna in Nepal today celebrated his 40th birthday in the capital, a day after CBI grilled him in connection with a case of allegedly using fake educational degrees for procuring a passport.
Prime Minister Jhala Nath Khanal's wife Ravi Chitrakar was the chief guest at the function organised by Patanjali Yoga Peeth Nepal at Mandikhatar in the outskirt of Kathmandu.
However, the prime minister avoided the function, where he was invited as chief guest, citing the crucial four party meeting to discuss the current political situation in the country.
Speaking on the occasion former Labour Minister and leader of ruling CPN-UML Mukunda Neupane condemned the grilling of Balkrishna in India.
He said without Balkrishna's "Ayurvedic knowledge", Patanjali Yogapeeth would not have been achieve success. All the Nepalese people are with Balkrishna at this moment, he said.
Balkrishna has alleged to have evaded important queries posed by the CBI in Dehra Dun in connection with the case where he allegedly used fake educational degrees for procuring a passport.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit