Baba Ramdev, Congress' Sanjay Nirupam in unsavoury war of words
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Ramdev and Sanjay Nirupam today sparred at a function here with the Congress leader accusing him of evading tax and making yoga a business, a charge denied by the yoga guru as the "biggest lie".
Both Ramdev and Nirupam traded charges and tried to puncture each other's arguments on blackmoney.
It was Nirupam who went on the offensive first questioning Ramdev's businesses alleging that he was "doing business in the name of yoga" and it was "unfortunate" that he is spreading falsehood about blackmoney.
Nirupam alleged, "you did not pay (a huge amount of tax). There is a notice against you. You sell medicines. You have made yoga a business."
Ramdev retorted, "this is blatant lie. Prove that I have stolen even Re one. You cannot prove that. What Nirupam said is a lie. Put all the investigating agencies after me."
To this, Nirupam alleged that Ramdev was concealing facts and once the government probe is finished, it will be clear what is right and wrong.
"Congress party has taken the contract to spread falsehood," Ramdev said.
Asked about allegations against BJP chief Nitin Gadkari, Ramdev refused a direct answer and went on talking about sources of blackmoney.
When the moderator reminded him that he talks about corruption in Congress and whether Gadkari needs to resign, he said, "He is not the BJP president or a BJP member to answer this." Nirupam shot back, "then who has made (you) a member of Congress to talk about it."
They were speaking at a function organised by Aaj Tak channel.
- To attract more bidders, UT may make changes in excise policy this year
- AAP rally draws tepid response as senior leaders give it a miss
- Jaitley versus Captain: Hard fight, harder to call
- Attack on teachers, medical staff: Maoists say sorry for ‘lapse’
- Swamp of Muslim candidates may upset Congress applecart
- RSS-led core group maps Modi campaign route