Babies begin learning language from mums while in womb
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
In both countries, the babies at birth sucked longer for the foreign language than they did for their native tongue.
According to the researchers, infants are the best learners, and discovering how they soak up information could give insights on lifelong learning.
The study has been published in the journal Acta Paediatrica.