Babloo Srivastava remanded in 5 daysí police custody
- Rein in non-state actors to have peace, friendship with India: Mufti to Pak
- 27 years after Hashimpura, 4 who survived watch 16 cops walk free
- Government departments seek more space, dial ISRO to innovate
- Sonia gave free hand to decide on CBI probe: Karnataka CM on IAS officer’s death
- Bihar Cheating: ‘Happened last year too, no one noticed’
Notorious gangster Omprakash alias Babloo Srivastava (50), a former aide of mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, was on Thursday remanded in the custody of Pune police for five days in connection with the 1998 abduction and murder case of 24-year-old Sagar Ladkat, son of a Koregaon Park-based businessman.
Srivastava was brought to the city from Bareilly jail on Wednesday and was remanded in one-day police custody by the court of Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Jyoti Kotnis. On the night of May 22 in 1998, Sagar was allegedly abducted after his family members had refused to pay money. Investigations revealed, on his way home he was stopped by kidnappers near Queens Garden and later killed.