Babloo Srivastava remanded in 5 daysí police custody
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
Notorious gangster Omprakash alias Babloo Srivastava (50), a former aide of mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, was on Thursday remanded in the custody of Pune police for five days in connection with the 1998 abduction and murder case of 24-year-old Sagar Ladkat, son of a Koregaon Park-based businessman.
Srivastava was brought to the city from Bareilly jail on Wednesday and was remanded in one-day police custody by the court of Judicial Magistrate (First Class) Jyoti Kotnis. On the night of May 22 in 1998, Sagar was allegedly abducted after his family members had refused to pay money. Investigations revealed, on his way home he was stopped by kidnappers near Queens Garden and later killed.