Babri case: NBW issued against SP MP, ex-MLA
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
A Special CBI court hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case on Monday issued non-bailable warrants against SP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh and former MLA Pawan Pandey, both accused in the case, after they failed to appear before the court in Lucknow on Monday.
CBI Counsel Lalit Kumar Singh said that neither did any counsel appear on their behalf nor any exemption/ adjournment application was submitted in the court on Monday, as a result of which prosecution evidence could not be recorded.
Special Judge, CBI, Shashi Mauli Tiwari fixed December 22 as the next date for hearing.
The process of recording evidences of witness is going on in the court.
Lalit Kumar Singh said that on Monday prosecution witness Sudhir Kumar Srivastava appeared before the court.
According to the prosecution, Singh and Pandey are among those chargesheeted in the Babri Masjid demolition case. Singh is sitting MP from Kaiserganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh.