Babri case: NBW issued against SP MP, ex-MLA
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
A Special CBI court hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case on Monday issued non-bailable warrants against SP MP Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh and former MLA Pawan Pandey, both accused in the case, after they failed to appear before the court in Lucknow on Monday.
CBI Counsel Lalit Kumar Singh said that neither did any counsel appear on their behalf nor any exemption/ adjournment application was submitted in the court on Monday, as a result of which prosecution evidence could not be recorded.
Special Judge, CBI, Shashi Mauli Tiwari fixed December 22 as the next date for hearing.
The process of recording evidences of witness is going on in the court.
Lalit Kumar Singh said that on Monday prosecution witness Sudhir Kumar Srivastava appeared before the court.
According to the prosecution, Singh and Pandey are among those chargesheeted in the Babri Masjid demolition case. Singh is sitting MP from Kaiserganj constituency in Uttar Pradesh.