Babri Masjid demolition anniversary: Security beefed up in Ayodhya and Faizabad
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Security has been tightened in the twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad ahead of the 20th anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition, with nearly 10,000 police personnel pressed into service to manage law and order.
State police, Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel have been deployed at all key locations, besides a company of PAC for round-the-clock guarding of Saryu waters to prevent entry of any anti-social element through the river route.
"We are in regular touch with the responsible and peace loving persons of both the communities for maintenance of peace in the twin towns," SSP Dharmendra Singh said, giving details of security arrangements.
The local administration has encircled Ayodhya and Faizabad in a 3-tier security cordon that includes 4 zones, 9 sectors and 14 sub-sectors to be manned by additional Sps, deputy SPs, Inspectors and sub-inspectors respectively.
Two dozens CCTV cameras have been installed across Ayodhya to a keep close watch on movements, and entry to the city is being allowed only after complete security check, Singh said.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express