Babri Masjid demolition: SC directs expeditious hearing on case against L K Advani, others
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Supreme Court on Thursady directed a Rae Bareily court to expeditiously hear Babri Masjid demolition case against senior BJP leader L K Advani and 19 others against whom charge of criminal conspiracy was dropped by the trial court.
Expressing deep anguish over non-appearence of the counsel for CBI, which has moved the apex court against dropping of conspiracy charges against the top politicians in the apex court, a Bench of Justices H L Dattu and C K Prasad directed the trial court to hear the case expeditiously.
The first dome fell at 2:30 pm, eliciting a collective intake of breath by the entire crowd. The other two fell shortly after. But that's not all that happened. The falling Masjid domes led to a communal violence that took over 2,000 lives. IE Photo
The bench, meanwhile, allowed the CBI to remove the name of Bal Thackeray from the list of accused persons as he died recently.
The bench pulled up Additional Solicitor General A S Chandiok for not being present in the court to argue the case for CBI saying the law officer is taking the court "casually".
Besides, Advani others against whom the CBI wants the charges of criminal conspiracy under Section 120B IPC restored are – Kalyan Singh, Uma Bharti, Satish Pradhan, CR Bansal, MM Joshi, Vinay Katiyar, Ashok Singhal, Giriraj Kishore, Sadhvi Ritambhara, VH Dalmia, Mahant Avaidhynath, RV Vedanti, Param Hans Ram Chandra Das, Jagdish Muni Maharaj, BL Sharma, Nritya Gopal Das, Dharam Das, Satish Nagar and Moreshwar Save.
The CBI has moved the apex court challenging the May 21, 2010 order of the Allahabad High Court judgement, which had upheld a special court's decision to drop the charges against the leaders.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun