Babri mosque demolition issue rocks Lok Sabha, BSP MP waves black flag
- Congress Vadodara candidate Madhusudan Mistry arrested for vandalising Modi posters
- Modi wants EC to take action against Sonia, says Cong chief resorting to 'rabid communalism'
- Shakti Mills gangrape convicts repeat offenders, says court; may face death sentence
- Sahara must pay Rs 10,000 cr to show its 'bonafide' and not for Subrata Roy's release: SC
- Sri Lanka vs West Indies Live Cricket Score: Sri Lanka lose three in a hurry
Babri Masjid demolition today cast its shadow on Lok Sabha on the 20th anniversary of the incident, with supporters and opponents of the Ayodhya movement paralysing the proceedings for the entire day.
Waving of a black flag by BSP member Shafiqur Rahman Burq to protest the demolition when the House assembled for the day provoked angry reaction from the BJP and Shiv Sena members.
The action of the BSP member led to two adjournments and the House was adjourned for the day at 1400 hours.
BJP and Shiv Sena members repeatedly stormed the Well demanding naming of Barq, whose action of waving the flag saw Speaker Meira Kumar telling him that he was insulting the House and directing him to keep the flag aside.
Several members, including Basudeb Acharia (CPI-M), demanded action on the report of Liberhan Commission which probed its demolition of the Ayodhya mosque as well as against those responsible for the incident.
Barq, Asaduddin Owaisi (MIM) as also those from the BJP and Shiv Sena also trooped into the Well, forcing the adjournment of the House till noon for the first time.
The proceedings were again disrupted at 1200 hours as BJP and Shiv Sena members were unrelenting on action against Barq, despite P C Chacko, who was in the Chair, pleading with the Opposition leaders that they would be allowed to speak on the issue once Acharia makes his point on the Liberhan panel.
When the House reassembled at 1400 hours for the third time, BJP and Shiv Sena members again came into the Well raising slogans seeking construction of a temple at the disputed site. They were countered by Samajwadi Party members who also came in to the Well.
This led to Deputy Speaker Karia Munda adjourning the House for the day.
- Real science is in small laboratories: Prof Rao
- Unguarded and unkempt, vacant govt houses cry for attention
- Won’t become a politician, will carry forward husband legacy: Savita Bhatti
- Congress screening panel okays Bansal’s name for Lok Sabha ticket
- Gujarat minister Saurabh Patel may reply to EC notice: ‘I’m related to Ambanis’
- SC exonerates BJP leader Bokhiria in businessman murder case