Babu Bajrangi gets 10-day interim bail to attend ailing father
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Jaitley slams Rahul over 'ullu' barb; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- Is there a vikas vote? Healthier babies make not a whimper on campaign pitch in Hazaribagh
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- CAG empowered to examine accounts of private telecom companies: Supreme Court
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday granted 10 days' interim bail to Babu Patel alias Babu Bajrangi, a convict in the 2002 Naroda Patiya massacre case, to attend his ailing father.
A division bench of HC comprising of Justices K S Jhaveri and K J Thaker passed an order on a petition moved by Bajrangi's family on his behalf. In the petition, temporary bail was sought for one month for Bajrangi so that he could arrange money for an operation to be conducted on his father.
The court, though, granted him 10 days to attend his ailing father. Bajrangi's family had kept his father present in the court room on a wheelchair.
Bajrangi has been convicted in the Naroda Patiya case and sentenced to life imprisonment till death by a special court.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18