Babu Bajrangi gets 10-day interim bail to attend ailing father
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
The Gujarat High Court on Thursday granted 10 days' interim bail to Babu Patel alias Babu Bajrangi, a convict in the 2002 Naroda Patiya massacre case, to attend his ailing father.
A division bench of HC comprising of Justices K S Jhaveri and K J Thaker passed an order on a petition moved by Bajrangi's family on his behalf. In the petition, temporary bail was sought for one month for Bajrangi so that he could arrange money for an operation to be conducted on his father.
The court, though, granted him 10 days to attend his ailing father. Bajrangi's family had kept his father present in the court room on a wheelchair.
Bajrangi has been convicted in the Naroda Patiya case and sentenced to life imprisonment till death by a special court.