Baby ‘sold off’: HC tells DCB not to arrest doctor
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
The Gujarat High Court Wednesday ordered Ahmedabad City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) not to arrest Dr Bharat Atit till February 4 while asking Dr Atit to cooperate with the probe agency in investigation of the case during interrogation.
A single judge bench of the HC passed an order in this regard while acting on an anticipatory bail petition moved by Dr Atit who is accused of selling off a baby that was born in his hospital to a couple in Mumbai.
DCB officials have booked Dr Atit, a gynaecologist who happens to be husband of former Ahmedabad mayor Malini Atit, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code for selling off the baby. Dr Atit has sought anticipatory bail from the court. His lawyer Mitesh Amin said the court of Justice A S Dave has asked him to cooperate with the investigation by making himself available for interrogation between 11 am to 5 am till February 4. The matter is posted for further hearing on February 5.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer