Baby ‘sold off’: HC tells DCB not to arrest doctor
- Live, Ind vs Aus: Quick strikes put India on top
- Bengal nun gangrape: First arrest made from Mumbai
- Germanwings crash: Chilling report says one pilot left cockpit, was unable to return
- If anything that is defamatory goes off, we will have a very boring Internet: Jaitley
- Hooda govt bent rules to favour Robert Vadra firm: CAG
The Gujarat High Court Wednesday ordered Ahmedabad City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) not to arrest Dr Bharat Atit till February 4 while asking Dr Atit to cooperate with the probe agency in investigation of the case during interrogation.
A single judge bench of the HC passed an order in this regard while acting on an anticipatory bail petition moved by Dr Atit who is accused of selling off a baby that was born in his hospital to a couple in Mumbai.
DCB officials have booked Dr Atit, a gynaecologist who happens to be husband of former Ahmedabad mayor Malini Atit, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code for selling off the baby. Dr Atit has sought anticipatory bail from the court. His lawyer Mitesh Amin said the court of Justice A S Dave has asked him to cooperate with the investigation by making himself available for interrogation between 11 am to 5 am till February 4. The matter is posted for further hearing on February 5.