Baby dies after been given injection by rickshaw-puller in UP hospital
- Govt signs peace accord with NSCN(IM), PM Modi calls it 'historic'
- BJP takes U-turn on land bill, agrees to bring back UPA's key provisions
- Crisis deepens: Speaker suspends 25 Cong MPs, Sonia digs in heels
- India to take up Gurdaspur terror attack in NSA-level talks with Pakistan
- JBT scam: Supreme Court upholds jail term of Om Prakash Chautala, his son
An eight-month-old baby admitted to a district hospital died today after a rickshaw puller allegedly gave him an injection, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the child's family, the incident took place this morning when the accused, allegedly in an inebriated state, administered an injection to the baby leading to his death, Additional Superintendent of Police, K C Goswami said.
Additional District Magistrate K P Singh has been ordered to probe the charges and submit his report to the district magistrate.
In July last year, a sweeper was caught on camera attending patients in emergency ward of the same hospital. Sweeper Raj Kumar had claimed he administers injections and stitches according to instructions given by doctors.