Baby dies after been given injection by rickshaw-puller in UP hospital
- Elections 2014 Live: TMC workers beat up poll officials in Bengal; Rahul attacks Modi over Adani link
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
An eight-month-old baby admitted to a district hospital died today after a rickshaw puller allegedly gave him an injection, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the child's family, the incident took place this morning when the accused, allegedly in an inebriated state, administered an injection to the baby leading to his death, Additional Superintendent of Police, K C Goswami said.
Additional District Magistrate K P Singh has been ordered to probe the charges and submit his report to the district magistrate.
In July last year, a sweeper was caught on camera attending patients in emergency ward of the same hospital. Sweeper Raj Kumar had claimed he administers injections and stitches according to instructions given by doctors.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi