Baby girl seriously injured after father throws her from top of building
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
In a shocker, a one-and-a-half-year-old girl was seriously injured after being allegedly thrown from the top of a building by her father who has been arrested, police said.
Superintendent of Police Y S Ravikumar said the man Ramesh had been torturing the baby after birth and tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
He also had allegedly inflicted injuries with cigarette butt on the baby and his wife had not mustered courage to protest the torture till he dropped the infant from a building yesterday, police said.
The baby has been admitted to a hospital and her condition is stated to be serious, police said.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since