Baby girl seriously injured after father throws her from top of building
- April 24 elections roundup: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: RCB strong in chase against KKR
In a shocker, a one-and-a-half-year-old girl was seriously injured after being allegedly thrown from the top of a building by her father who has been arrested, police said.
Superintendent of Police Y S Ravikumar said the man Ramesh had been torturing the baby after birth and tried to kill her, as he wished for a boy.
He also had allegedly inflicted injuries with cigarette butt on the baby and his wife had not mustered courage to protest the torture till he dropped the infant from a building yesterday, police said.
The baby has been admitted to a hospital and her condition is stated to be serious, police said.
After the locals informed police, he was arrested on the charge of battering his daughter and a local court remanded him to judicial custody,sources added.