Baby ‘sold off’: HC tells DCB not to arrest doctor
- 9 killed, over 40 injured as Bengaluru-Ernakulam Express train derails near Hosur
- SC says allegations grave, but grants relief to Teesta Setalvad in cheating case
- All you need to know about AAP's WiFi Delhi promise
- 19 killed as militants storm Shia mosque in Pakistan
- Modi’s cricket diplomacy: Renewing political contact with Pakistan
The Gujarat High Court Wednesday ordered Ahmedabad City Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) not to arrest Dr Bharat Atit till February 4 while asking Dr Atit to cooperate with the probe agency in investigation of the case during interrogation.
A single judge bench of the HC passed an order in this regard while acting on an anticipatory bail petition moved by Dr Atit who is accused of selling off a baby that was born in his hospital to a couple in Mumbai.
DCB officials have booked Dr Atit, a gynaecologist who happens to be husband of former Ahmedabad mayor Malini Atit, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code for selling off the baby. Dr Atit has sought anticipatory bail from the court. His lawyer Mitesh Amin said the court of Justice A S Dave has asked him to cooperate with the investigation by making himself available for interrogation between 11 am to 5 am till February 4. The matter is posted for further hearing on February 5.