Baby steals mum's BMW to visit dad!
- 20 jawans feared dead as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
A six-year-old girl from Pittsburgh took her mother's BMW for a drive on Sunday, crashing it into two cars and a utility pole as she attempted to see her father who lives across town.
Police Sergeant. Jerry Parker told NBC affiliated TV station WPXI, that the girl did not hurt anyone as she drove for just under a kilometre on icy roads across the town of Lawrenceville, the Herald Sun reported.
Rommie Hawkins, who used to play running back at the University of Tennessee, chased the car when he saw how young the girl was driving it.
"I was like, 'Stop, stop, stop.' She looked at me, and she took back off and she stopped again, so I started running up the hill, telling her to stop, and she was going and stopping, going and stopping," Hawkins said.
After the car crashed, the girl clambered out of the wreckage without a scratch. She was crying and asking for her father.
The police, who had already been contacted by the girl's mother who realised what had happened when she awoke, contacted her father who met her at the crash scene and took her home.
Police are investigating whether the girl's mother should be charged for allowing the girl to leave her care.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express