Baby steals mum's BMW to visit dad!
- Matter is serious, will take action against Bhagwat Mann: Speaker
- Hooliganism going on in name of gau raksha: Gujarat Chief Secretary
- Adarsh Society case: SC stays demolition, asks Defence Ministry to 'secure' building
- SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Jammu and Kashmir
- ED slaps money laundering case against former Haryana CM BS Hooda
A six-year-old girl from Pittsburgh took her mother's BMW for a drive on Sunday, crashing it into two cars and a utility pole as she attempted to see her father who lives across town.
Police Sergeant. Jerry Parker told NBC affiliated TV station WPXI, that the girl did not hurt anyone as she drove for just under a kilometre on icy roads across the town of Lawrenceville, the Herald Sun reported.
Rommie Hawkins, who used to play running back at the University of Tennessee, chased the car when he saw how young the girl was driving it.
"I was like, 'Stop, stop, stop.' She looked at me, and she took back off and she stopped again, so I started running up the hill, telling her to stop, and she was going and stopping, going and stopping," Hawkins said.
After the car crashed, the girl clambered out of the wreckage without a scratch. She was crying and asking for her father.
The police, who had already been contacted by the girl's mother who realised what had happened when she awoke, contacted her father who met her at the crash scene and took her home.
- Pakistan’s dependence on Saudi Arabia stands in their way against Islamic terrorism
- Protest over the demolition of Ambedkar Bhavan reveals a divided Dalit community
- Punjab’s drug problem is a national security issue
- Simultaneous elections will allow governments to devote four years for governance
- UN faces a crisis, but its new secretary general is unlikely to upset tradition
- South China Sea verdict has changed the ground rules for future engagement with China