Back for seconds, Arbaaz Khan on directing a blockbuster sequel
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
A Munnabhai is a series because you took him, and placed him somewhere else. We wanted to take it (Chulbul Pandey) forward in the Rocky way
Directing Salman (Khan) is not difficult at all. He's like a good marksman. If he aims at a target, he might miss by just a fraction, not by a mile. You just have to channelise him in the right way
"I think the switch (to direction) has happened with the right film at the right time. Dabangg is a great platform to start a career, but jitne advantages hain, utne hi disadvantages bhi ho sakte hain. There is a loyal base for this film, for which one has to be very cautious. And with my knowledge and experience, I have done my best."
Arbaaz Khan, conducting the pre-release proceedings in his Bandra office is rather composed for a man helming the most talked about sequel of the season ó Dabangg 2 with his superstar brother Salman Khan, who immortalised Chulbul Pandey, now a variously cloned template in different films.
Speaking of the daunting responsibility that he has taken upon himself, the newly minted director says, "I was aware of the challenges. A person, who directs his first film has different challenges than someone who has just directed a blockbuster, and is now on to the next one. Then there are challenges when you are directing a successful sequel, both for the person who originally directed it as well as the replacement director. If Abhinav was directing it instead of me, it would still not have been easy."
A lot he admits, has changed since Abhinav Kashyap's debut with the film two years ago that set a few records to compete against. For starters, this one is a slightly more calculated programmed scenario because the ingredients for a masala film are already in place. "I have tried to put in what I would like to see in the sequel as an audience."
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held