Back home, women complain of harassment at Feroze market
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
The safety of women has emerged as a major problem in the parking lots of Feroze Gandhi Market. The market, dominated by banks, the Ludhiana Stock Exchange, courier companies and other commercial establishments, has quite a large number of working women and some of them have complained against the men, hired by the parking contractor, stating they indulge in eve-teasing.
"The muscle men of the contractor sit on our scooters and also misbehave many times. Street lights do not work and it is a big problem for women who work till late especially in winters," one of the working women, on the condition of anonymity, said.
This, however, is not the only complaint against the contractor. K S Monga, general secretary, Feroze Gandhi Market Association, said: "The corporation gave five parking lots on contract but the contractor here is also earning from parking vehicles that come to Hotel Park Plaza, opposite the market."