Bad weather forces Rahul Gandhi to put off Amethi visit
- Vote Supriya or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Dhowan takes over as Navy Chief, superseded Sinha resigns
- Congress releases CD of Uma Bharti calling Narendra Modi 'Vinash Purush'
- India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan
The scheduled visit of Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday to his parliamentary constituency of Amethi for the first time as Congress vice president has been postponed due to inclement weather, party sources said.
"The two-day tour (by Rahul) has been postponed and will now start from Thursday," party spokesman Akhilesh Pratap Singh said. The region has received quite a bit of rain since last evening.
The Congress vice president has apologised to the people of his constituency for the inconvenience caused by the postponement, Singh added.
Elaborate arrangements had been made to give Rahul a grand welcome for his first visit to Amethi since his elevation.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer