Badal attacks Cong on chopper deal
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Starting his campaign for Moga bypoll after brief illness, Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Thursday slammed the Congress-led UPA government for the helicopter deal with Italian company AgustaWestland.
"The latest scam of the UPA, in which Rs 350 crore were received as bribes, has proved that Congress does not hesitate in putting the security of the nation on stake for money. Congress has plagued people with scams, corruption and inflation and the recent expose of the Italian chopper deal has confirmed it further," said Badal.
Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal too launched a direct attack on UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi. "If all UPA scams are probed properly, all will have an Italian connection."
Citing many parallels between the Bofors gun deal and the chopper purchase, he said: "Like Bofors scam, here too, if the bribe-giver had been caught, then why not the bribe-taker be identified? Scams, scandals and corruption have become the defining feature of the UPA and if these are probed properly, these would lead to the doorsteps of 10, Janpath."
Showing his solidarity with SAD candidate Joginderpal Jain, the chief minister said: "Jain has sacrificed his seat for the welfare of the people of Moga and his sacrifice should not go waste. Captain (Amarinder Singh) is no one to question his loyalty." He also appealed to the people to make Jain victorious by a 'huge margin' and make him a part of SAD government.
He added: "A sangat darshan progammes will be held immediately in Moga after announcements of the results to address the grievances of the people."
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express