Badal slams Centre for delay in paddy lifting from mandis
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Cheif Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday said the delay in paddy lifting from mandis was because of the limited storage capacity available with the Centre, and the state could not do anything without the approval of the Centre. So whatever problems were being encountered in paddy lifting were due to the faulty policies of the Centre.
The CM made this statement while inaugurating the Verka Express constructed at a cost of Rs 1 crore on Ferozepur road.
On tension in Sirsa followed by curfew, he said that peace would be maintained in Punjab and no one would be allowed to take law in their hands.
Once again rejecting FDI in multi-brand retail, Badal said that it would ruin small traders and businessmen.
Ajmer Singh Bhagpur, chairman of Verka milk plant, said Verka Express would have food products prepared by Verka and also the varieties available in Indian and continental restaurants apart from a play area for kids as well.
PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon asked the dairy farmers to avail the subsidies available to them and told them to involve their younger generation in dairy business.
- BJP to distribute Modi gulaal for Holi
- Improve facilities in courts: HC tells state
- Varanasi seat may delay BJP’s list for UP
- CPM-backed Kairali TV airs interview of author who alleged sex abuse at Amritanandamayi ashram
- Identification parade of suspects held in Yerawada Jail
- State to fine-tune boundaries in eco-sensitive areas