Badal slams Centre for delay in paddy lifting from mandis
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Cheif Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday said the delay in paddy lifting from mandis was because of the limited storage capacity available with the Centre, and the state could not do anything without the approval of the Centre. So whatever problems were being encountered in paddy lifting were due to the faulty policies of the Centre.
The CM made this statement while inaugurating the Verka Express constructed at a cost of Rs 1 crore on Ferozepur road.
On tension in Sirsa followed by curfew, he said that peace would be maintained in Punjab and no one would be allowed to take law in their hands.
Once again rejecting FDI in multi-brand retail, Badal said that it would ruin small traders and businessmen.
Ajmer Singh Bhagpur, chairman of Verka milk plant, said Verka Express would have food products prepared by Verka and also the varieties available in Indian and continental restaurants apart from a play area for kids as well.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways