Badal slams Centre for delay in paddy lifting from mandis
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
Cheif Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Tuesday said the delay in paddy lifting from mandis was because of the limited storage capacity available with the Centre, and the state could not do anything without the approval of the Centre. So whatever problems were being encountered in paddy lifting were due to the faulty policies of the Centre.
The CM made this statement while inaugurating the Verka Express constructed at a cost of Rs 1 crore on Ferozepur road.
On tension in Sirsa followed by curfew, he said that peace would be maintained in Punjab and no one would be allowed to take law in their hands.
Once again rejecting FDI in multi-brand retail, Badal said that it would ruin small traders and businessmen.
Ajmer Singh Bhagpur, chairman of Verka milk plant, said Verka Express would have food products prepared by Verka and also the varieties available in Indian and continental restaurants apart from a play area for kids as well.
PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon asked the dairy farmers to avail the subsidies available to them and told them to involve their younger generation in dairy business.