Badals all the way
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
It was a Badal show at the closing ceremony of the Kabaddi World Cup which concluded at Guru Nanak Stadium on Saturday night.
Though PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon, Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa, Rajya Sabha MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and many other members of the Cabinet were sitting in the stadium, none of them were invited during the prize distribution ceremony. They were not even acknowledged whether they were present in the stadium or not. The Finance Minister was seen confused when Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal went to the ground on their own to congratulate the team and did not even bother to take him along as who was sitting just behind them.
Interestingly, Canadian politician Ruby Dhalla was seen posing with the winning team, but the ministers from the ruling alliance were seen absent. Prominent among those absent was Revenue Minister and brother-in-law of Deputy CM Bikram Majithia.
BJP leaders stay away
No BJP leader was seen in the function. The BJP leaders had complained of issuing less VIP passes in Fazilka and Mansa. District president of BJP Parveen Bansal was seen arguing with the police personnel outside the VVIP gate as he arrived late and was not allowed to enter the venue.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties