Badals all the way
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- Telangana fallout: Governor accepts Reddy's resignation as Andhra Chief Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal writes to Narendra Modi on gas pricing, targest Mukesh Ambani again
- A day after Parliament passes Telangana bill, Hyderabad airport on red alert over letter threat
- Govt refuses security to IPL due to Lok Sabha polls, South Africa favourite to host 7th edition
It was a Badal show at the closing ceremony of the Kabaddi World Cup which concluded at Guru Nanak Stadium on Saturday night.
Though PWD Minister Sharanjeet Singh Dhillon, Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa, Rajya Sabha MP Sukhdev Singh Dhindsa and many other members of the Cabinet were sitting in the stadium, none of them were invited during the prize distribution ceremony. They were not even acknowledged whether they were present in the stadium or not. The Finance Minister was seen confused when Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal went to the ground on their own to congratulate the team and did not even bother to take him along as who was sitting just behind them.
Interestingly, Canadian politician Ruby Dhalla was seen posing with the winning team, but the ministers from the ruling alliance were seen absent. Prominent among those absent was Revenue Minister and brother-in-law of Deputy CM Bikram Majithia.
BJP leaders stay away
No BJP leader was seen in the function. The BJP leaders had complained of issuing less VIP passes in Fazilka and Mansa. District president of BJP Parveen Bansal was seen arguing with the police personnel outside the VVIP gate as he arrived late and was not allowed to enter the venue.