Badminton star Jwala Gutta to shake a leg in a Telugu film
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuel fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
Known for her spirited performance on court, Jwala, who is the reigning Commonwealth Games gold medallist, is now shooting for a dance number in a film, which stars her good friend and actor Nithin.
"Nithin and the producer are my good friends and they told me about this song. I thought they were kidding but after I heard the song, I thought why not give it a shot after all life is one and I like trying out new things," Jwala told PTI.
"The song is peppy and casual. I was nervous on first day of my shoot yesterday as there were lots of people at the set and it is a different experience. I had to do rehearsals for the steps for a week and it was fun," she added.
Asked if she wants to switch career to films, Jwala, who won the National Championships 13 times until 2010, said, "Badminton remains my first love. It is my life and even if I retire I will work for badminton. But at same time, if there is something new and if I am comfortable with the director and if he has the confidence on me, then I will give it a shot."
Jwala will be shaking a leg opposite Nithin in the film 'Gunde jaari.. Gallantayyinde..!', which is the directorial debut of Vijay Kumar Konda.
The 2011 world champion bronze medallist, Jwala had taken a six-month break after London Olympics but she has already started her training and will make her return to international badminton at the German Open which starts on February 26.
"I have already stared training on January 10. Initially it was difficult to get up at 5:30 in the morning but now it has again fallen into place. I am focusing on my strength and fitness," she said.
Jwala will be partnering Prajakta Sawant, who had filed a case against national chief coach Pullela Gopichand at Bombay High Court accusing him of mental harassment.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress