Bajaj Auto bike sales down 12% in April
- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
The country's third largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto today reported 12.12 per cent fall in its motorcycle sales at 3,00,827 units in April 2013.
The company had sold 3,42,324 units in the corresponding month last year, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) said in a statement.
BAL said exports decreased by 22.89 per cent during the month at 1,30,329 units compared to 1,69,010 units in April 2012, it added.
In the three-wheeler category, the company said its sales stood at 43,351 units as against 39,266 units in the same month last year, an increase of 10.40 per cent.
Total vehicle sales of the company in the last month stood at 3,44,178 units compared to 3,81,590 units in the same period a year ago, a decline of 9.80 per cent, the statement said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'