Bajaj Auto bike sales down 12% in April
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
The country's third largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto today reported 12.12 per cent fall in its motorcycle sales at 3,00,827 units in April 2013.
The company had sold 3,42,324 units in the corresponding month last year, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) said in a statement.
BAL said exports decreased by 22.89 per cent during the month at 1,30,329 units compared to 1,69,010 units in April 2012, it added.
In the three-wheeler category, the company said its sales stood at 43,351 units as against 39,266 units in the same month last year, an increase of 10.40 per cent.
Total vehicle sales of the company in the last month stood at 3,44,178 units compared to 3,81,590 units in the same period a year ago, a decline of 9.80 per cent, the statement said.