Bajaj Auto motorcycle sales down 15%
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
The country's second largest two-wheeler maker Bajaj Auto today reported 15.06 per cent fall in motorcycle sales at 3,15,314 units in September.
The company had sold 3,71,208 bikes in the corresponding month last year, Bajaj Auto Ltd (BAL) said in a statement.
BAL said exports also fell by 6.12 per cent during the month at 1,33,222 units compared to 1,41,913 units in September 2011.
In the three-wheeler category, the company said its sales stood at 44,838 units against 46,478 units in the same month last year, a dip of 3.53 per cent.
Total vehicle sales of the company in the last month stood at 3,60,152 units compared to 4,17,686 units in the same period a year ago, a decline of 13.77 per cent, the statement said.
Stocks More on Bajaj Auto
Company INFO More on Bajaj Auto