Bajaj Finance eyes Rs 750 cr rights issue
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
Non-banking finance company Bajaj Finance has sought market regulator Sebi's approval to raise up to Rs 750 crore through a rights issue.
Issue of equity shares on a rights basis to its existing equity shareholders would aggregate up to Rs 750 crore, draft prospectus filed by Bajaj Finance with Sebi showed.
In rights issue, shares are issued to existing investors as per their holding at pre-determined price and ratio.
The company plans to use the proceeds of the issue for strengthening its capital base.
"We intend to invest the funds in high quality interest bearing liquid instruments including investment in money market mutual funds, deposits with banks and other interest/premium bearing securities for the necessary duration," Bajaj Finance said.
JM Financial Institutional Securities is acting as lead mangers to the issue, while Karvy Computershare is the registrar.
Bajaj Finance, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv, is engaged in the buiness of consumer finance, SME finance and commercial lending.
Earlier in August, Sebi had given its go-ahead to Bajaj Finserv to raise up to Rs 1,000 crore through rights issue.
Shares of Bajaj Finance today surged by 2.62 per cent to settle at Rs 1,362.05 apiece on the NSE.